My history with bicycles
This is a rundown of my experience with bicycles and the bicycle business:
- In 1972 I started riding bicycles for sport, fitness and doctors orders.
(Because of a degenerating hip.) It rapidly became a passion and has
remained an integral part of my life. (Though 3 hip replacements in 34 years!)
- I started doing repairs for myself and friends around 1978.
- In early 1984 I started working for YLCE (Huffy’s tech/assembly division). After
working with them for about 3 months they moved me to the Atlanta area. In
the three years I worked for Huffy, I built around 16,000 bicycles and did 7000
to 8000 repairs and warranties.
- The last year I worked for Huffy I worked for a small shop on Saturdays (Gwinnett
CycleSports). The owner was a retired metallurgist from DuPont. I learned a lot
of little tricks from him about repairs and he educated me on metals.
- After Huffy I managed a bicycle shop in Norcross, Georgia for a year (World
- Then I worked managing the bicycle department for one of Sportstown's three
stores in Atlanta. I did that for about 3 months and got promoted to their
buying department as an assistant buyer for Water sports, Fishing and Bicycles.
I did that for almost a year and a half, then got call back to Case IH in late
- Moved back to Geneseo in 1989 and in 1991 decided with all my experience to
start my own shop, (Pro Bicycle). I ran Pro Bicycle till June of 2000 at which
time I had to close it.
- So in the present, my wife and I decided now that I am retired, I should be doing
what my passion is. So here is our new bicycle shop “Let’s Ride inc.”
We are excited to open this shop in Silvis (being from the area). With it I bring
a very long list of experience to serve this community!
SO STOP IN AND LETS RIDE !!!!